Monday, February 1, 2016

Mistakes


   We all make mistakes, stupid ones. Hurtful mistakes, sometimes downright criminal mistakes. I think that you can call it a mistake if you try to make it right. Admit you did wrong, and try to right it, you can't take it back, but you can learn from it. I am no exception to this.
    I have a past that many people are well aware of, I'm not going to advertise details at this point, but I am paying for my mistakes today. I am in the lengthy process of making it right, as it isn't something that can be done overnight.
      Being a father changed so many things about my life. I was no longer able to be selfish and self centered. I was responsible for an innocent life. Someone who had never sinned, never wronged anybody or anything. The idea of being a role model for such a beautiful thing was scary for me. I had to change my life, AND NOW!
       I have been a father for nearly 3 years now, and can proudly say that I no longer break the law and hurt others. To some people though, that doesn't matter. As you may see from time to time, my page is attacked by people who feed on drama. I try to catch it when it happens, but unfortunately, and many of you may be able to relate, you can't fix stupid. 
       For those of you who have made mistakes, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, it doesn't seem to matter what you do today, it doesn't matter how selfless of great your actions are, someone will always bring up your past. They try to make you angry, they will try to tell people how bad your mistakes were and try to discredit you. Whether it was drugs, theft, burglary, or tax fraud, some people feed on trying to hurt others. I firmly believe that what you did in the past makes you into who you are today, and helps you make your decisions for tomorrow. If you learned from them, and you are trying to make them right, or you have made them right, and you are no longer doing things that you know are wrong, then in my book, you are a better person today. You can't dwell on the past, and you can't expect others to forget that you did it. You have to take responsibility for what you've done and understand that it will always follow you. 
       What you can't do, is let other people lay out your path for you. When people attack you, remember, you got yourself to this point and you learned from it, continue learning. If you are being harassed, as in my case, file a no contact order with your local authorities, Don't make more mistakes while you are trying to better yourself. Take a breath and be calm.

Remember that every single thing you do affects the little ones that call you Dad, and that nobody but yourself can determine which path you are going to lead those little ones down.

       With this blog, I try to write about things that anyone can relate to. I don't make myself out to be a saint, I try to write about things that can help people. A lot of work and thought goes into each article that Dad Hack writes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment