Sunday, January 17, 2016

Being A Son

I talk about being a dad a lot. I mean, it’s what this page is all about, right? I was talking to my mom the other day and I realized I could concentrate on being more of a son. My Dad passed away in 2011, so I realized that time really is a luxury we don’t all have. Your parents are the biggest thing in your life, whether they were great parents or drug addicts. You may want to hate them, but they did bring you into this world. I’m not saying they were right or wrong, but you wouldn’t be reading this if they hadn’t met. Pick up your phone and text or call your parents. Just tell them you love them, send your mom some flowers at work. Let her know she raised a gentleman. Go fishing with your dad. I promise, you’ll miss it more than ever when he is gone.
Our parents are responsible for a big part of our children’s lives, and an even bigger part of your life.They gave you an example to follow on raising your children. They show us what to do and sometimes what not to do. You have to remember all the times you were a little butthole to them and remember what you said. Your children will do the same to you, then you will realize they weren’t doing it to be malicious, but to protect you. We miss so much as children, thinking that our parents didn’t understand.....it was you that didn’t understand.
I’m all over the place with this entry, but my point to it is that you should be more gracious to your parents, you owe them your life. Make sure they know you appreciate the sacrifices they made for you. All parents sacrifice for their children at some point. Just give them a call, out of the blue, to tell them what they mean to you. It’ll mean the world to them.

By: Dad Hack

No comments:

Post a Comment