Monday, January 18, 2016

Leaders or Cowards?


I don’t understand how a man can let his wife control him, nor do I understand how a woman can let her husband control him. Relationships are not a street, they are not a circle, they are a joint effort. You have to work together to make it a happy and fulfilling thing, that one day turns into a family.

I firmly believe that men are to be leaders, now, don’t start yelling at me just yet, I mean that they are to protect their families, they are to do what is best for everyone in the family. I do not meant that everyone should bow down to men. I expect men to not be cowards. You should respect and love your wife, mother, father, and children. You should hold your spouse to those same standards. Don’t let your spouse keep you from your mother over pettiness, don’t let them insult your blood. My wife and I have a very unique relationship that we both agree with. My job is to lead and protect the family. I never make a major decision without consulting her. She also protects and leads, just in a different way, she knows my weaknesses and she knows how to protect me from those things. She leads me when I have those moments.
I am getting off topic. My question to you is are you going to raise a leader or a coward. My favorite quote of all time is from Chris Kyle’s autobiography, American Sniper:
“There are three types of people in this world: sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs,” the father intones gravely. “Some people prefer to believe that evil doesn’t exist in the world, and if it ever darkened their doorstep, they wouldn’t know how to protect themselves. Those are the sheep.”
He continues:
“Then you’ve got predators, who use violence to prey on the weak. They’re the wolves. And then there are those blessed with the gift of aggression, an overpowering need to protect the flock. These men are the rare breed who live to confront the wolf. They are the sheepdog.”
Now, you can’t protect your children from everyone. It’s unrealistic. You can, however, give your son or daughter the tools for them to be able to protect themselves against those wolves. You can give them the confidence to stand up for what they believe in while they are young. Think about it, how many times did your mom or dad tell you that you were doing something wrong and you just knew that they had no idea what they were talking about? Your children will do the same to you one day. Nobody wants to watch their children being hurt, allowing them to be easily manipulated and not able to understand that family comes first. We will make mistakes as parents, and we will pay dearly for it. We will also revel in their success, beaming proudly when they accomplish their goals. We all know someone that has a manipulative wife or husband. We all tell them how wrong it is to let your spouse insult your blood without reason. In another hand, you shouldn’t let your family mistreat your spouse. Being a man means you will do many unpopular things as a father, husband, and friend. It also means that in bad situations, people will understand that they can depend on you through life’s toughest battles.
Be careful of who you let chastise your child, make sure they know that there are plenty of wolves out there, and they will only be sheep if they allow themselves to be sheep. Raise them to be leaders who stand tall, not cowards that can’t be relied upon.
Are you raising a coward or a leader?
A DadHack Original

No comments:

Post a Comment