Monday, January 18, 2016

I Can't Afford My Wife


I saw something today that made me quite ashamed to call myself a husband and father. My wife does most of the house chores like cleaning, dishes, laundry, ect. I realized that I could never do what she does, and that I am very unappreciative. She is the doctor when we get sick, she runs the errands, she cooks, plans the bills and so much more. I realized that what a “Professional Mom” would cost if I didn’t have my wife. I didn’t realize how much she did until I broke it down. Check this out.
  • National average weekly salary for a full-time nanny: $705 a week or $36,660 a year
  • Laundry: $25 a week, or $1,300 a year
  • House cleaning: $50 to $100 per visit once a week, or $5,200 a year
  • Accountant (budgeting, paying the bills, etc.): $15 an hour at 5 hours a week, or $3,900 a year
  • Public Relations Rep (business dinners, etc.): $75 per hour at 4 hours per dinner 3 times a year, or $900 a year
  • Chef: $240 a week, or $12,480 a year
  • Personal shopper (running errands like groceries, etc.): $65 per hour at 4 hours a week, or $13,520 a year
  • Total: $73,960
$73,960 a year. I don’t know about you, but I can’t afford the woman that I married. I feel bad sitting here writing now that I think about all the times I’ve given her heat about wanting to get her nails or hair done. She deserves that and so much more.
We as fathers and husbands need to do more for our wives and mothers. Look at all they’ve done for us! They are irreplaceable! Plan dinner tomorrow night! Surprise her with a spa day on a work day and work it out with her boss if you think you can pull it off (DON”T GET HER FIRED). Send her flowers at work or get a sitter for the day while you treat her like it’s your first date! There are so many simple things we could do as husbands that could make our ladies ecstatic that it is SHAMEFUL that we don’t do it every day. Seriously, how much time does it take to stop on the way home to get a dozen roses. Lay out a dress for her with a note saying to be ready at 7 for a romantic dinner date. She deserves it.
By: Dad Hack

No comments:

Post a Comment